What makes customers favor McDonald's?
Do you think McDonald's has the best burger in town? Is this the most affordable option? Is it the healthiest option?
All of the answers are "No." McDonald's satisfies the average customer expectations in all areas.
Here is a list of the five popular reasons why people prefer McDonald’s. *
- Consistency: All McDonald's locations offer the same menu items and follow the same standard preparation methods, so customers always know what to expect.
- Convenience and accessibility: McDonald's restaurants can be found in a variety of locations around the world, making them accessible and convenient for customers.
- Affordability: McDonald's prices are usually lower than other fast food chains.
- Familiarity and Wide variety of menu items: Some people may be more familiar with McDonald's menu and feel more comfortable ordering from it. McDonald's offers a wide range of menu items, including burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, and breakfast items.
- Speed of service: McDonald's is known for its quick service, which may appeal to people in a hurry or who have limited time to spare.
For starters, "Consistency" is the groundwork for any successful brand. As you've probably heard a million times, a brand is a promise. Customers trust a brand more when they know what to expect from it. Customers expect that every time they buy your product or service, they will get the same quality, experience, or price. Because of this, people keep coming back.
For branding purposes, consistency means "No Surprise." When you visit any McDonald's in the world, the Big Mac menu is always available, and the taste and ingredients are consistent. If you don't order, no one will surprise you with extra ketchup.
You can have the best product on the market, but you won't be able to build a brand unless you are consistent. McDonald's success shows that a company can rise to the top of its field even if its products aren't the best. Invest in branding and always keep your promise.
* There are two other reasons that I ignore because these reasons are directly related to brand communication and the advertising part of marketing. These reasons are not the direct motivations of the customer.*
- Strong brand recognition: McDonald's is a well-known and established brand known for its signature menu items, such as the Big Mac and McNuggets.
- Marketing and advertising: McDonald's has a strong marketing and advertising presence, which may make it more appealing to some people.